- Reorder your purchases
- Use your own product codes
- StockWatch – stock notifications
- Estimated Delivery Dates
- Catalogue & file downloads
- Obsolete catalogue products
- Site facilities
- Help – FAQs
- Polcore MouldingsPolcore Mouldings
Polcore Mouldings – Overview
- Wood MouldingsWood Mouldings
Wood Mouldings – Overview
- Blade SharpeningBlade Sharpening
- Skirting BoardSkirting Board
Mainline is an environmentally aware company. We endeavour to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment through the materials and products we promote.
Polcore is recycled polystyrene – an alternative picture moulding material.
Recycled polystyrene picture frame mouldings have a skin of HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene) – known as ‘virgin’ – on the outside of the profile which provides a smooth surface on which to finish.
The core of the moulding is made up of about 70% recycled polystyrene and 30% virgin polystyrene.
Recycled polystyrene is made up of waste products from mainly two sources:
- The electronics industry
- Plastic packaging – mainly from the food industry
It contains NO detectable formaldehyde or carcinogenic substances and is free from lead (as can be proved by lead testing). The manufacturing process is clean.
- We do not use spray paints.
- We do use decorative transfer films.
- We do recycle all our waste extruded product.
Therefore the material that constitutes recycled polystyrene mouldings broadly conserves the use of the earth's natural raw materials by using those that have been recycled.
Our ranges of wood products are from companies that purchase their timber from sustainable sources and reforestation projects. Other ecological considerations include the use of water based paints and varnishes.